Sheldon P. Braverman, M.D.
- Premedical Education New York University, B.A. Degree (1956)
- Medical Education State University of NY at Syracuse, M.D. Degree (1959)
- Internship Yale-Grace, New Haven, Conn. (August 1959 – August 1960)
- Postgraduate Education Harvard Post Graduate Medical School (August 1960 – August 1961)
- Residencies Baltimore E.E.N.T. Hospital, MD (August 1961 – August 1964)
- Fellowship Wills Eye Hospital, Philadelphia, PA (August 1964 – August 1965)
- Captian, U.S. Army (August 1966 – August 1968). Assistant Chief of Ophthalmology at Brook General Hospital, San Antonio, TX.
- Private Practice in Ophthalmology specializing in retinal diseases in San Antonio from 1968 to present.
- Hospital Affiliations:
- Baptist Memorial Medical Center. (Chairman, Dept. Of Ophthalmology 1975).
- Santa Rosa Medical Center Metropolitan Methodist Hospitals
- Teaching Appointments:
- Clinical Professor of Ophthaolmology at the University of Texas Health Science Center at San Antonio.
- Retinal consultant at Brooke Army Medical Center, San Antonio, TX.
- American Board of Ophthalmology (August 5, 1966)
- American College of Surgeons
- American Academy of Ophthalmology
- American Medical Association
- Texas Ophthalmological Association
- Texas Medical Association
- Texas Society of Ophthalmology and Otolaryngology
- San Antonio Society of Ophthalmology (President – 1974 & 1989-90)
- Bexar County Medical Society
- Society of Cataract & Refractive Surgery
- Outpatient Ophthalmic Surgery Society
- The Vitreous Society
- Aspen Retinal Detachment Society